Create labels: You’ll still create labels as you always have, by clicking Labels in the left nav.
Apply labels: Once you’ve created the needed labels, you can apply them to campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords:
- Navigate to the page that contains the campaigns, ad groups, ads, or keywords you want to add.
- In the reporting table, select the check boxes next to the objects you want a label applied to.
- In the toolbar above the table, click Labels.
The panel where you can select a label appears.
- Select the label you want to apply to the objects.
- Click Apply.
The label name appears for those objects in the <Object> Labels column.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for all objects that you want applied to the label.
Report on labels: Once you’ve applied the label, you can see a summary of reporting stats for the label, and a stat breakdown for all the objects in the label, broken out by object type. In other words, you can pivot by label for campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords.
You can also filter by labels, which allows you to flexibly view and manage objects that span your DS account.
Labels and inheritance: Labels support multi-level inheritance. For example, when you apply a label to a campaign, DS will also apply the label to the ad groups in the campaign, as well as to the keywords and ads in the ad groups. DS will also automatically add new keywords, ads, and ad groups in the campaign to the label, and they will appear in all reports and filters that use the label.
The All labels column: To see only the labels that you’ve directly applied to objects, you can select the existing Labels column. However, the new All labels column includes all labels - those that were inherited as well as those applied directly to the object. With the All labels column, you can:
- Distinguish between inherited and direct labels at a glance (inherited labels have the tree icon within the button).
- Hover over inherited labels to see the parent objects. For example, if the label was applied to an ad group, hovering over the label for one of the ad group’s keywords will show the ad group’s name.
- Click on a label to view its stats.
- Remove directly applied labels with one click. Click the x in the label’s button.
Check out the Help Center for more information about the expanded label functionality.
Posted by the DoubleClick Search team